Saturday, September 28, 2013

Re: [SgFreecycle] Re: Recycling

 

Just to add:
As I posted in the past regarding Freecyclegroup. Yeah it is not charity but a community to pass down recycled/idled items from one to another regardless rich or poor.
From now on I would not use the words of poor and needy as priority recipients.  
 
I do buy things from the minds shop located in bukit merah opposite hawker centre, walking distance from redhill mrt. This is a local social enterprise to help people with limited IQs seeking employment (in simpler words).
   
For those members who prefer charities, you could check e website how you could drop 2nd clothes, accessories, etc there.
 
This may benefits also the poor who bought items from there and the disabled persons who work there, besides commoners like us purchasing 2nd items. 
I saw quite a number of needy kids who stay nearby bought their clothes there.        
Not all the poor have access to this group.  
No offence, Just an info meant to be shared here.

Regards 
Joan  

On Sep 29, 2013, at 1:00 PM, davidcheongfc@yahoo.com wrote:

 

Totally agree on this.
Recently, I shared view that my focus is to help reduce and reuse items.
I buy at Cash Converters also as they sell pre -owned items to support recycling.
The needy and needful, I will help with things they need and request. 
It is not a stated priority and I prefer that those who make an effort to collect are those who will use the items or will pass to those who use.

Thanks
David Cheng

Sent from my android device.

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (4)
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___