Friday, August 30, 2013

[cardifffreecycle] Offered: Opportunity to collect wind-fall apples (Heath/Gabalfa)

 

My Discovery apple tree is currently shedding apples faster than I can use them.

I and friends have been juicing them - juice is pink, eating them as they are or stewing them with or without blackberries. I don't know whether anyone has used them for jam/jelly/chutney. I have just had a bowl of fresh apple, raspberry, blackberry and fig with yoghurt and very nice too!

Be aware that these apples are not immaculate like the ones in the shops especially as they may get bruised on falling.

Also, I don't like the idea of tar washing fruit trees so on cutting the apples you may find a little guest inside. Depending on how squeamish you are you can discard the affected part or the whole apple. For this reason I would recommend cutting the apples rather than biting in to them.

I haven't tried drying apple slices but I think I may give it a go this year.

Best times for me are between about 1 and 2:30 or 5 and 6 though I can be flexible.

If you respond to this, please specify a time within the two timeslots so that I don't have to hang around waiting.

Also,check your spam folder in case any response from me ends up in your spam folder

Helen

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)
Recent Activity:
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
QUICK GUIDE TO CORRECT SUBJECT LINE FORMAT
ON CARDIFF FREECYCLE:

OFFERED: item (location)
TAKEN: item (location)
WANTED: item (location)
RECEIVED: item (location)
LOST: item (location)
FOUND: item (location)

Please include your location in your posts
Please don't use NEEDED, PENDING, FREE, PROMISED, PRAISE, etc!
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
.

__,_._,___