Wednesday, May 30, 2012

[cardifffreecycle] WANTED: fabric scraps or old Tshirts/bedding (Caerphilly)

 

Hi All! I'd like to have a go at rag-rug making for my new home, but as it's a trial I'd prefer not to pay eBay prices for off-cuts, especially when there are good materials we all have lying around in our draws and wardrobes that we intend on sorting for charity. Some of them might not be good enough to go to charity, so you might intend to throw them away

If you are due a clearout or have just done one, I'd love to upscale some of your materials. Plus, if I end up being any good at it I'll happily make you a rug in return if you wish. Or we could make one together!

I got the idea to do because I am moving house at the weekend and am dreading sorting the clothes, old bedding and all those holey or ODD SOCKS before I move. So I thought I can turn it into a positive by making good use of them. I have also been looking for a new hobby, because I always seem to be busy with work (supporting children with disabilities) and need something to do for myself. Something I can perhaps combine with taking time out to watch TV, so it didn't eat into working, eating or sleeping time! I've been watching tutorials on YouTube and am ready to take on the challenge.

Just to be clear, I'm hoping to collect:
- Old clean T-shirts/shirts that won't be worn again
- Old clean socks
- Old bedsheets, perhaps worn or frayed so will be no good to pass on

Thanks for reading, and happy Free-cycling!!

Selena and the Ex-bat hens xx

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
QUICK GUIDE TO CORRECT SUBJECT LINE FORMAT
ON CARDIFF FREECYCLE:

OFFER: item (location)
TAKEN: item (location)
WANTED: item (location)
RECEIVED: item (location)

Please include your location in your posts
Please don't use NEEDED, PENDING, FREE, PROMISED, PRAISE, etc!
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
.

__,_._,___