Saturday, February 18, 2012

Re: [SimplifyMe] breaking egg shells

 

We always use salt and cold water... Boil your eggs with a tbsp of regular salt, it doesn't affect the flavor or nutrients.
Before you peel the eggs simply run water over them. 
The heat causes them to expand and the cold water contract... One cracked egg. The salt helps to bind the shell so it doesn't break into little bitty places you can't peel off.
It sure saves our Easter Projects!!!... Lol

" MIA ,POW You are not forgotten"



On Feb 15, 2012, at 7:18 AM, "glitzyalien" <glitzyalien@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

 

A kitchen hint I just found out about was to pour off all the hot water from the eggs and put cold water back in and then shake the eggs in the pan to break the shell.  and it said the shell will peel right off.  Have not tried it but who knows I will next time I boil eggs (when is Easter LOL)  Glitz

=

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:


.

__,_._,___