Friday, August 5, 2011

[SimplifyMe] Re: Watch what you buy

Quoted: It is very difficult to only buy products made in the USA these days
because of our global economy, and even if a food product says produced in
the USA, it doesn't mean that the ingredients did not come from another
country so labels must be scrutinized carefully and the small print
read.

So sadly this is very true. For example this past Monday out of desperation I went to our local grocery store to purchase onions. Our local store boasts local food from local farmers Canada #1 choice item. I brought them home and on Tuesday I tried using some, they were rotten on the inside. Hard as a rock on the outside and looked gorgeous .
Looking on the label after purchase these onions were from the USA , but stated Canada #1
go figure..
So as pissed as I was I went back to the store , demanded a refund and demanded they put a sign up that states Grown In USA and packaged for Canada. But no Canada #1 grading on the sign. They tried to argue but when others in the store heard me getting mad they came over and all demanded he change the signs to reflect the truth. these were never Canadian and maybe at the time of picking they were #1 grade but not by the time they were trucked from California to Canada  and sold.

How dare the system think they should be allowed to lie? If its made in the USA or in Canada say so. we have the right to choose from where we purchase our foods. I must say it was a lesson learned by me as well to check even when I am desperate<LOL> No wonder I seldom use the grocery stores for my items.


Regards
Bev
--