Thursday, April 5, 2012
[SimplifyMe] a bit of scare for me (good tip)
I had a bit of a scare this afternoon ... I was sitting in the living room and my little dog came in from the kitchen and she was making a funny noise, I thought she was chocking, so I checked her throat, and couldn't see anything and then she wanted to go out side REALLY bad, so I took her and she started eating grass and I mean a LOT of it ... (this usually makes her throw up) so I told my mother this and she went inside to see what she might have gotten into, well the little stinker chewed the tip off a small dieffenbachi I was trying to get growing again ... well I looked it up and they are VERY poisonous to dogs, so now I'm freaking out, I called the vet, got the emergency number and called them, I told them what happened and they said I needed to get her to throw up, I asked how? and she told me to give her a tablespoon of peroxide ... and if she didn't throw up in 30 minutes to do it again but NO more than 2 times ... well I held her down and held her mouth open and mom poured a tablespoon full down her throat ... it took about 8 minute and she threw up every thing (I think from when she was a puppy) but I'm sure it came up and out ... I didn't care I kept telling her good girl, get it up, good girl ... after about 20 minutes or so she was bouncing around again and wanted some "more" dinner ... she ate some more and is now laying on her pillow in the recliner asleep ... wheeew
Sandy
__._,_.___
.
__,_._,___