Monday, February 20, 2012

[cardifffreecycle] WANTED: Really old Vacum Cleaner (Llandaff North)

 

I've never added a 'Please read' to a request but this is a slightly peculiar ask and I didn't want people to think it was just another 'Wanted - Hoover' post!

A gentleman I know whose passion is collecting and restoring old vacuum cleaners, which he acquires them from here and there. However we got talking the other day about Freecycle, which he had never heard of and I promised to find out if anyone had the kind of hoover that he is interested in.

He pretty sceptical and assumed that people would probably come up with something 10/15 years old. But you see the ones he loves are those from the 30' & 40's.... really old ones! They are actually rather beautiful in a funny sort of way ;o) Up-rights with a bag that hangs behind the main handle, mostly metal rather than plastic.

So if by chance you know of a an ancient hoover, in the cupboard under the stairs, in the attic or garage, I would love to surprise my friend with a rather unusual Freecycle offering!

Thanks for reading,

Ruth J

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
QUICK GUIDE TO CORRECT SUBJECT LINE FORMAT
ON CARDIFF FREECYCLE:

OFFER: item (location)
TAKEN: item (location)
WANTED: item (location)
RECEIVED: item (location)

Please include your location in your posts
Please don't use NEEDED, PENDING, FREE, PROMISED, PRAISE, etc!
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
.

__,_._,___